The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
About the site
E-mail
 
 
Site search
Ashdown Forest Brasted Burwash Buxted Chevening Chiddingly Chiddingstone Cowden Cranbrook Crowborough East Grinstead
East Hoathly Edenbridge Eridge Fletching Forest Row Framfield Frant Goudhurst Groombridge Hadlow Hailsham
Hartfield Hawkhurst Heathfield Hellingly Herstmonceux Hever Hildenborough Horsted Keynes Isfield Lamberhurst Laughton
Leigh Little Horsted Maresfield Mayfield Penshurst Rotherfield Rusthall Sevenoaks Southborough Speldhurst Ticehurst
Tonbridge Tunbridge Wells Uckfield Wadhurst Waldron Warbleton Westerham West Hoathly Withyham Worth More places
Census Documents
Genealogy Maps
Pictures People of note
Places of interest
St James Church    Nutley  Maresfield  
Parish records Before
1500
1500
to
1550
1550
to
1600
1600
to
1650
1650
to
1700
1700
to
1725
1725
to
1750
1750
to
1775
1775
to
1800
1800
to
1825
1825
to
1850
1850
to
1875
1875
to
1900
1900
to
1925
1925
to
1950
1950
to
1975
1975
to
2000
After
2000

27Christenings11691
6Marriages24
4Burials13
 

Books and other documents
PublishedTitle, author and references
1870A Compendious History of Sussex - Volume II. by Mark Antony Lower, M.A.p. 68

Historical records

1867Directory entrySt James ChurchPost Office Directory
The church of St. James was erected in 1848: it is a neat stone building, consisting of nave and chancel. The living is a perpetual curacy, yearly value £125, in the gift of the rector of Maresfield, and held by the Rev. William Horace Hutchins, M.A., of Queen's College, Oxford

1874Directory entrySt James ChurchPost Office Directory
The church of St. James the Less was erected in 1845: it is a stone building, consisting of chancel and nave, in the Early Engllsh style, to which a north aisle and vestry were added in 1871: there is a very handsome carved wood pulpit, the work of, and presented by, Mrs. Noble, of Forest Lodge. The register dates tom the year 1847. The living is a vicarage,, yearly value £125, in the gift of the rector of Maresfield, and held by the Rev. George Gavin MacLean, M.A., of Wadham College, Oxford.

c 1875Nutley, North of Maresfield - c 1875Part of the 6 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1875 by Ordnance SurveySt James Church

1882Directory entrySt James ChurchKelly's Directory
The church of St. James the Less, erected in 1845, is a stone building, consisting of chan­cel and nave, in the Early English style, with a north aisle and vestry, added in 1871: it contains a very handsome carved wood pulpit and stalls, the work of and presented by Mrs. Noble, of Forest Lodge. The register dates from the year 1847. The living is a vicarage, yearly value £120, with residence, in the gift of the rector of Maresfield and is held by the Rev. Harry John Peckham B.A. of Balliol College, Oxford.
Currently The Weald is at  Database version 10.4 - 8th March 2014 and contains information on 370,214 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,136 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 226 books © The Weald and its contributors
Fasthosts web site ODNB British Libarary High Weald ESCIS Sussex Family History Group Sussex Record Society Sussex Archaeological Society Kent Archaeological Society Mid Kent Marriages Ancestry Genes Reunited International Genealogical Index National Archives
Top
of the
page
Fasthosts
web
site
Oxford
Dictionary
of National
Biography
British
Libarary
The High
Weald
East Sussex
Community
Information
Service
Sussex
Family
History
Group
Sussex
Record
Society
Sussex
Archaeological
Society
Kent
Archaeological
Society
David Hills
and
Gary
Samson
Ancestry Genes
Reunited
International
Genealogical
Index
National
Archives