The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Buxted, Sussex - c 1795
Part of the 1 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1795 by William Gardner (Chief Surveying Draftsman to the Board of Ordnance) and Thomas Gream (Surveyor to the Board of Ordnance). The map was dedicated to the 3rd Duke of Richmond as Lord Lieutenant of Sussex, was engraved by Thomas Foot and published by William Fadden, Charing Cross, London
The map was partly based on the previously uncompleted survey and map of Sussex conducted by Thomas Yeakell and William Gardener in 1778
for more information refer to Printed Maps of Sussex, 1575-1900 by D. Kingsley, published by the Sussex Record Society
The width of the image below is approximately 3 miles
Size control:

   Medium ►►►

Zoom control:

Year control:

More about:
Bevenden Farm
Blackhouse Farm
Buxted bridge
Buxted Place
Buxted Wood
Great Streel
Handall Farm
Howbourn Farm
Maresfield Mill
Nepham bridge
Newhouse Farm
Old Mill
Pound Green
Rock hall
Shepherds Hill
Stone Farm
The Rocks

The Weald is at  Database version 11.4 which has ongoing updates to the 376,021 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 242 books loaded in the previous version

Fasthosts web site  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Family History Group  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives  

of the